Sunday 5 August 2007

In about 1990, Fox Comics was approached to be involved in an international children's charity, comic book.



The idea was that every country in the world would create a story. This was Australia's contribution.



A competition was run at a school in Melbourne to design a lead character, Nick Burstall drew Ron Rowdy. Dave Hodson wrote this charming story around Ron.



I drew the story. My coloured pages were then sent off to England, never to be seen again. At least I made some xeroxes.

3 comments:

cherryvale skateboard company said...

Given your interest in victorian steam engineering this looks like it might be up your street:
http://www.blur.com/gentlemans_duel.html#

Elliot Cowan said...

This is the strangest thing I've ever seen, Tony.

Tony Thorne said...

Thanks Elliot, I'll take that as a compliment.

Your 'roids drawings make me feel decidedly strange also.

'(',